Spring break is here, and if you’re traveling from Santa Barbara Airport (SBA) during March and April, be prepared for some potentially busy travel days. Follow these tips to ensure a smooth trip:
- Arrive early to park at one of SBA’s three parking lots to avoid parking hassles. During peak travel days, parking is limited in the Long Term Parking Lot. The Economy Parking Lot is a great alternative and is open 24/7 with shuttle service running every 15 minutes. It is also recommended to catch a ride to SBA by recruiting a friend, taking a taxi, carpooling, or using a rideshare service.
- You can carry up to 12 oz of hand sanitizer in your carry-on.
- Only bring two carry-on items per person to help ensure a smooth and quick TSA security checkpoint. Visit the TSA’s website for more travel tips.
- Check with your airline for flight status updates.
- Download and use a mobile boarding pass to reduce person-to-person contact and keep lines short.
- Arrive at least 2 hours early, especially during peak travel times, to relax and enjoy a meal or coffee from the restaurant or shop at SBA.
- If you’re picking up passengers, remember not to park your vehicle at the curb for any duration of time or leave it unattended. There are two nearby cell phone lots available for those waiting to pick up their loved ones.